I had planned on running today, but my calves are feeling really sore after our eleven miles on the treadmill on Sunday. I also had a very busy night at work that night where I must have walked an additional few miles (should wear a pedometer)! I decided to take an additional rest day and run tomorrow which just happens to be National Running Day.
You may have seen the latest blog award being passed around, the One Lovely Blog Award.
I was nominated not once, but three times by three awesome ladies.
- Jen from Running With The Girls
- Michelle from Average Girl Doing Average Things
- Louise from Runners Ramblings
Really feeling the Maine love! It's a "pay it forward" award to recognize and spread the word about other blogs you enjoy. These are the rules:
- Post the award logo and and picture on your blog and link back to the person who nominated you.
- Tell seven things about yourself.
- Nominate up to 15 additional bloggers who you think deserve the award.
- Post a comment on the blog of each nominee to tell them him/her that they have been nominated.
- I am addicted to candy...anything fruity. Jelly beans, Starburst, Twizzlers, Fruit Slices, gummy bears, Skittles, you name it. I can't buy any because I will most likely eat the whole bag in one sitting.
- I am a terrible housekeeper. If you are coming over, please give me at least a week notice.
- My favorite color is blue. I guess that is a good thing since I'm the only girl in the house (with the exception of our oldest dog). I have found myself being drawn more to pink and purple in my wardrobe to balance it out.
- Maine Mom on the Run turns one this month! I think it is a good time for some sort of giveaway or celebration!
- I was Laura Ingalls Wilder for Halloween one year and read all of the Little House books more than once...or twice. I also had all of the Anne of Green Gables books, too.
- Even though it has been a part of my training plans the past year, I've have only done cross training once...ever. That stops next week, when I WILL be doing something twice a week.
- I really want to cut my hair off. I was thinking I'd wait until after the marathon which is a couple of weeks before my birthday. The last time I cut my hair was on my birthday...two years ago.
Amanda @ Miss Zippy
Tonia @ Racing with Babes
Erin @ See Mom Run Far
Jen @ Miles, Muscles and Mommyhood
Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem
Danielle @ Ooh Breathe, Just Breathe
Beth @ Shut Up and Run
I apologize if you've already been nominated or don't feel like playing along, I just really wanted to let you know I really love reading your blog and find you entertaining and inspirational.